founder, editor-in-chief (2017-2020)
Who is Danny Brown?
I’m father to two amazing children who make me laugh, cry, hope, fear, anticipate, and cherish every single day.
I’m husband to an awesome wife who supports me in more ways than she can ever know, and who I could never repay if I lived a thousand years.
I talk about content, user experience, and how we can deliver the best interactions for our customers and audience at every touchpoint by
- being good people
- telling better stories
- being better businesses
- and living better lives.
After all, business comes and goes, but we only get one shot at being good people in life and in business.
Notable Mentions and Awards:
- Founder of Podcaster Stories
- Founder of A Downsized Life
- Chief Podcaster at Life Through a Dram
- Founder of the 12for12k charity initiative
- Co-founder of The Friendship Bench
- Co-author, Influence Marketing
- Author, The Parables of Business
- Author, The Little Book of Inspiration
- Author, Why Simple Works
- Speaker at TEDx Ottawa
- Speaker at Social Mix
- Featured in NetGen’s Commitment to Youth
- Featured in the AdAge Power 150 list
- Featured in Staggering Social Media Insights
- Featured in Marketing Magazine
- Featured on City News Toronto
- Contributor to Canadian Marketing Assoc.
- Young Entrepreneur Top 10 Marketing Blogs
- One of Canada’s Top 50 Marketing Blogs
- The Hive Award for Best Social Media Blog
- Featured on The Rise to the Top
Essays & Interviews
- Meet the Brewers – Saulter Street Brewery
- Why Using the Right Craft Beer Glass Makes All the Difference
- How Ontario Craft Beer Lovers Continue to Be Screwed Over by Politicians
- How Florida is Fast Becoming a Player in the American Craft Beer Scene
- Opinion: Dear Brewers, Don’t Alienate Your Community
- When is Craft Beer Not Craft Beer?
- Why We Started The Craft Beer Diaries
- IPA No 7 by Collective Arts Brewing
- Strong Patrick Irish Style Red Ale by Beau’s All Natural Brewing
- Get It In Ya Double IPA by Sawdust City Brewing Co.
- Titania Imperial Stout by Sawdust City Brewing Co.
- Dortmunder Gold Lager by Great Lakes Brewing Co.
- Road 2 Ruin DIPA by Two Roads Brewing
- Madness of Ophelia by 5 Paddles Brewing Company
- Sunsplit New England Style IPA by Dominion City Brewing Co.
- Old Kentucky Bastard 2016 by Nickel Brook Brewing Co.
- Augustijn Grand Cru by Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.
- Winter Ale from Great Lakes Brewery
- 1105 Tripel by Sawdust City Brewing Co.
- Accelerated Stall Imperial IPA by Barnstormer Brewing
By sharing empirical evidence of hard-won lessons from pioneering influence marketers, Danny Brown and Sam Fiorella provide a blueprint that moves influence marketing beyond simple brand awareness and into sales acquisition and customer life time value measurement.
The Parables of Business
This book brings together a collection of eleven stories that will help business owners build not only their business and brand loyalty, but also employee loyalty and a mindset to do business the right way.
The Little Book of Inspiration
The Little Book of Inspiration aims to be that opportunity to stop and savour not only the events around us, but the people, the experiences, the sights and sounds.
Through these inspiring stories and poems of love, redemption, and change, take a moment to really see all the inspirational treasures that are present.
Why Simple Works
Sometimes the simplest of ideas work. Not always, but more often than you might expect.
Letting the point speak for itself can be easier for marketers to create and customers to consume and retain.
This eBook offers reasons why simple might work for you, your business, and your customers.